It’s no secret that the pandemic has impacted retailers across the globe. According to ROI Revolution, consumer interactions with companies are now 60% online/40% offline with an 18% increase for ecommerce stores in 2020. With this new increase in ecommerce sales it is more important than ever to build trust with potential customers.
Let me illustrate further…
We’ve all been to a familiar mom and pop restaurant, where the décor is a little sad. The table wobbles. The menu is worn and maybe even dirty. But the food is amazing and the customer service is what keeps you coming back.
If you can remember back to 2019….the joy of going on vacation [sigh…], let me remind you of a common problem that may have arisen. You and your travel companion are tired from a day of exploring and are getting hungry. You’re not familiar with this town and what it has to offer. It’s more likely that you’re going to spend your dollars on a meal at a familiar chain versus the dive across the street with the dimly lit parking lot and a sign that is half lit.
When we’re talking about ecommerce those same rules apply. You get one shot at first impressions. If your SEO is set up correctly and is driving traffic to your website, then you need to retain that customer in order to convince them to purchase from your store. Fortunately, it’s fairly simple. Hiring professionals to help achieve this is well worth the investment. Having strong, professional branding on your site builds instant trust.
Here are nine simple ways to gain that trust:
- A strong logo — Your logo should be unique and resonate with your customers. Read my blog Six Tips for Getting the Best Logo for Your Business for more details.
- Consistent branding – The use of only your brand colors and typography creates a cohesive and visually appealing experience.
- Quality photography – Crisp and clear photography that represents your brand speaks for itself.
- Well-written copy – A strong brand voice throughout is the equivalent of a guided tour through your store.
- Clear site navigation and ordering process – A first-time customer should be able to find everything they need quickly and without navigating multiple menus.
- Visible and clear return and shipping policies – Because everyone wants to know.
- Contact information – Include a real address, phone number and email.
- Site speed – Pages should load quickly.
- Mobile-friendly – With the consistent rise in m-commerce shopping this is paramount.
The great thing about e-commerce is that many of these things can easily be tracked and analyzed through your website’s analytics. It’s important to pay close attention to bounce rates and conversion rates. This data will show you what’s working well and where you are losing customers.
If you are looking for help to strengthen your brand trust, we are here to help. Contact us today to put your brand’s best foot forward.
Written by Natalie Origanti || Graphic Design Guru
ROI Revolution Link
M-Commerce Shopping Link
Bounce Rates Link